Suffering from chronic liver cirrhosis. Having high fever. On avelox. Low potassium levels. Are these due to the cirrhosis?

My dad has chronic liver cirrossis and has been in the hospital for two weeks. His hemoglobin is stable but now he is having high fevers with all testing being normal. cxr cat scan, blood cultures. he is on avelox and becomes afebrile but then his fever jumps up again. Now his potassium is 2.9 he is recieving iv potassium. I am a nurse so I know alot of what is happening , but i wish i could figure out if all this is just due to the liver
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012