Suffering from chronic kidney disease. Any treatment?

I have been diagnosed with CKD Stage 3a. I am having difficulty with being authorized to see a nephrologist. My doctor Verna Liss, MD has known I have CKD, yet failed to let me know this for the past three years. I am very concerned about the lack of treatment and information I am being given, and need help. Also, the lab tests ordered by Dr. Liss are not being paid by my carrier, Anthem Blue Cross. I cannot afford to pay for having my question answered.

Linda Florey

09/04/1949
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Nephrologist 's  Response
HI
The general measures which help control the progression of CKD include:
1) Control of blood pressure (BP2) LDL cholestrol
3) Strict control of blood sugars ( if you are a diabetic)
4) Quit smoking
5) Use of a class of medications known as ARBs under the supervision of a doctor
6) Appropriate diet ( need to know more reports)

Specific measures can be takebn once we know the cause of CKD
Hope this helps
Good luck.