Suffering from chronic diarrhea. Biopsy done. What caused appearance of laxative abuse?

My 15 year old son, whom We, his Father and I, his mother, have just received his biopsy results from a colonoscopy for chronic diarrhrea. I spoke with him. He said that hep has not used laxatives at all except for anytime I have given it to him for about once a year constipation episode. I believe him, so does my Husband. I did give him a good 14 day parasite cleanser called Paragone from whole foods because we thought his diarrhea may be frm a trip to isolated areas in Panama to volunteer about two years ago. So perhaps that is what caused the appearance of laxative abuse. Medically what else could it be? Please help, so tired an concerned and he is miserable.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013