Suffering from chronic abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, lack of Vitamin D. Will supplementing vitamin-d ease the pain?

My daughter is 13 years old and suffers from chronic abdominal pain . We have kept food diaries, cut out dairy, taken Lactaid, been to counseling thinking it was stress related. Nothing works. Sometimes constipation, but lately, a lot of diarrhea . We had labs checked to rule out Celiac disease and a host of others. The only abnormal level was low vitamin d . Will supplementing the vitamin d take her pain away? I was told her PCP will not refer to a GI specialist unless 2 or more of these labs were abnormal...
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Apr 2013
Hi. Well VItamin D isnt actaully related to these symtpoms. It helps with bone growth so I think you should find another cause of her problems. At this age when child steps into puberty abdominal pain is common and you shouldnt worry about it. If it persists then some more serious diagnosis need to be considered. Such as food allergies, crohn disease or ulcerative colitis.
Usualy labs tests wont show anything abnormal, some of the imaging techniques should be done. If pain becomes permanent I suggest to do colonoscopy and abdominal ultrasound. Wish you good health.