Suffering from chorea. Taking different caps. Is stalopam a safe tablet? Any side effects?

I am a 61 yr old Male. I was admitted to hospital for myoclonus , chorea and ataxia . drs pointed it to chronic b12 deficiency & I was treated accordingly with Inj. Vitcofol (7 injections alternate days) and following that Inj. Optineuron (3 injections alternate days). I also had Vit D deficiency. Was given Vit D3 60,000 IU a chewable tab once a week for 4 weeks. I was also prescribed Lonazep 0.5 for anxiety and my sleep disorder . It dint help much, so dr asked to add Stressnil 0.5 mg in addition to that. I was given a drug called Haloperidol when my dr was treating me for chorea, but it led to difficulty in swallowing ( dysphagia ) due to the effect of which I lost my ability to even swallow my own saliva for over 3.5 days and gradually my swallow reflex has returned back. Every day they gave me phenergan and in 3.5 days i felt better.Today I felt a mild numbness in my left thumb and my dr has asked me to stop Lonazep 0.5 and instead take Tab Stalopam 10 mg once daily at 8 pm. My question is : Is this a safe tablet ? In addition to the mentioned medications, I also take Telmikind 40 mg for bp, Ecospirin 75 mg (as my brain MRI showed small vessel ischemia Grade-I) , Tonact ( Atorvastatin ) 10 mg & Dutas-T for my BPH (prostate) problem. I am very apprehensive about starting Stalopam. Why is the new tab prescribed & would I suffer any side effect because of this new tab ?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013