Suffering from cholangiocarcinoma. Has swollen feet, jaundice. History of dementia and Alzheimer's. Is it final stage?

my dad has cholangiocarcinoma , 18 weeks after diagnosis, with dementia and alzheimers diangnosis 8 months before. He now has swollen feet and spider like veins, is this a sign of end of life? He also has lost lots of weight and has the start of jaundice which up til now comes and goes especially in his upper arms!! He has been taken into a nursing home for respite. He is diabetic and on insulin but bms are all over too.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012