Suffering from chest pain and back pain, taking Nikoran with temporary relief. Cause for pain?

Hello Sir, my mom is suffering from chest pain and pain in her back. She consulted a doctor and he has advised her to take Nikoran 5mg daily. She is been taking this tablet almost from the past 4 months. Whenever she miss taking this tablet, she again feels lot of pain and worried about some problems with heart . She had also examined through heart tests, everything came normal. But it is still wondering us why the pain in chest is more when she does not take this medicine. Appreciate your valuable response on this query.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013