Suffering from brachial plexus injury due to automatic blood pressure cuff. Is this injury common and what are the remedies ?

Malfunctioning Hospital auto BP unit over squeezing & resulting in brachial plexus injury I had an automatic blood pressure cuff used in a hospital. It kept squeezing my arm tighter each time until I screamed and somebody came and removed it. My brachial plexus was damaged. It s been a year and I m still a long way from recovery. 1) Have you heard of hospital automatic BP cuffs malfunctioning in this way? 2) What is the cause of the malfunction? 3) Have you heard of others damaging their brachial plexus this way?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011