Suffering from bitter taste on tongue due to regular use of NICIP. What should be done?

My mother aged 83. She is an uneducated woman. She had recourse to self medication and stated to have taken two tablets of Nicip for her body pains. It seems she had been using it for some time. When she had two tablets of Nicip at a time about 15 her tongue became bitter and she is unable to even gulp water for the last 12 days? Doctor thinks that she needed an endoscopy to see the damage in throat but cautions us against that on account of her age which is past 83 years? what to do?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012