Suffering from bad head cold, sore throat, lower left wisdom tooth broken. Is this because of infection?

Hi. I was sick with a bad head cold. It lead to hot and cold sweats. I had to think to take a step forward to walk at it's worst. On the third day I had a soar throat. So, after looking at my throat a second time this day I noticed my lower left wisdom tooth is broken and hollowed out. I called an oral sergeon and said they won't pull the tooth for three days. Is this since I was sick for three days, or because I was sick because of an infection? I let them know my mouth is sore, my left tonsil is swollen, and the roof of my mouth is bubbly.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013