Suffering from bad flooding during menstrual. Done hysterotomy. Further?

hi doctor i am suffering from bad flooding during my menstrual has been going on for a few yrs now. i am 41 my gp has prescribed different tablets to help but nothing has.he has refered me to a hospital with a view to a hysteromy(im in favour) but i am afraid when i go that the doctor will try and offer a d&c can i get my point of view across when at the appointment?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Hello ma'am.

Based on your age and the information peovided, the diagnosis is still unclear and for the same reason it is best to further investigate first and only after that go ahead with any procedure or treatment options.

If the hysterotomy is the right procedure based on the diagnosis then this should be done, if not the right treatment option then you should discuss the ros and cons with your doctor to help find the most suitable procedure to successfully treat your condition, even if this is not your procedure of choice, the final recovery and relief from this condition is all that should matter.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.