Suffering from bad breath, smells like faeces. I am fit and taking balanced diet. What is the problem?

Hi there i have been suffering for a number of years now with really bad breath that smells like faeces. I have been to the doctors and they referred me to a consultant in the local hospital who said they could not see anything wrong and sent me on my way as there was no nasal blockage which he thought was the cause. i have very good oral hygiene and am fit and healthy and eat a balanced diet . Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012