Suffering from bad breath. Told due to GERD. Taking medicines. Burning sensation in stomach. Curing time?

Hello Doctor, i have been suffering with bad breath ( Halitosis ) since almost 2 yrs now. I have consulted many doctors for this problem. First, i tried dentist , found no trace. Then a ENT specialist , yet no trace found. Tried homeopathy medicines, no use. Then i consulted a general surgeon . He diagnosed the problem as GERD . As said by him food movement in my stomach is not at normal pace and is stagnated which resulted in fermentation and hence resulted in bad breath. Through him, I have been taking Ganaton OD since alomost 2 months (daily during morning after breakfast). And Neurobion Forte or Alerfix during evening. Since the day i have been taking these tablets, i feel some kind of slight burning sensation in stomach to the lower left side. Is there a possibility of bad breath due to GERD? if Yes, then are the tablets prescribed the correct ones and how many days will it take to get completely cured? Please advice.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013