Suffering from asthma attacks, cough. On ventolin, symbicort inhalers. Which inhaler is better?

Hi DR. XXX, I am XXXX, 56 yrs. old. I go to the gym and do cardio exercises everyday. After workout I enter the Steam Room for added comfort. However, since 1985 i started having Asthma . It starts with a Cough & then Asthma comes in. Ventolin Inhalers comforted me until I switched to Symbicort Inhalers 4 years ago. Until Lately I switched back to Ventolin thinking that Symbicort w/ Steroid can Cause Throat Irritation and Severe Side Effects & Erectile Dysfunction as compared to Ventolin.With this, I would like to ask which is better to use Ventolin Inhaler or Symbicort Inhaler? I have been using Ventolin Inhaler before I switched to Symbicort Inhaler 200 mcg. Symbicort was good for me. I only take it once a day & sometimes after 2 or 3 days. there was even a time when a whole month passed w/out me taking a dose. I noticed that my chest tightness usually happens when my stomach is full after dinner at night. Lately I switched to Ventolin Inhaler again but its effect only lasted for about 12 hrs. before taking another dose. Now continuous cough due to irritation of the throat is what I experience before an attack. My throat is itchy & chest tightness follows. Will i just discontinue Ventolin & go back to Symbicort Inhalers? Or can you prescribed a better Inhaler for me? If so, what is the best medicine for me to take. Likewise, a medicine to stop irritation of my throat due to this Medicine. Your advice will greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much!
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012