Suffering from anxiety, disturbed sleep. Taking clonazepam. Suggestions?

I have been having anxiety , and it comes and goes,but i always have the feeling that something is wrong with me. I woke up at 4am and i felt like i needed to go to hospital. I was only asleep for a couple of hours. My doctor has had me on clonazepam .5 twice a day for about 4 years now. I break them in half and take .25 1,2 3 or 4 times a day depending on how I feel. I have been wanting to get off the meds...but not sure what to do anymore. I feel like my body is shutting done sometimes. I cant deal with this...its getting really annoying. What to do?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012