Suffering from ankylosing spondylitis, klibsiella pneumoniae. Taking doxycycline. G6pd test normal. Correct medication?

Taking doxycycline , just prescribed sulfasalizine, have ankylosing spondylitis , wondering if the klibsiella pneumoniae is treated with doxy, hoping to arrest further development of the AS. Doc and I did not talk about the root cause of the AS. G6pd test came back OK and increasing SZN tomorrow. Should I maybe ask for a different antibiotic or change the diet severely for a while to help get rid of the food that the klibsiella feeds upon. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012