Suffering from agoraphobia, sudden confusion, fear of being alone. Treatment?

I feel fine going to a mall or walking across a parking lot for most of the time. Then, without warning, I need to follow a wall or be helped across an open parking lot to my car. Once I am in the car there are no problems except if I am driving in very open spaced highways that are not crowded. I am a therapist and thought it might be occassional onset of agoraphobia but it is too inconsistent with the diagnosis. Any point of views as to why this only happens on occasion?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012