Suffering from acute rhinitis and nasal allergy. Flomist nasal spray and cetzine prescribed. Are these safe medications?

Good evening doctor,I am from India,New delhi region.I am 46 years male.I had a problem of acute rhinitis and nasal allergy and suffered very badly for many years leading to acute sinusitis and almost the need for sinus operation. A doc prescribed me Flomist nasal spray two times a day in each nostril to start with and then once a day as a maintenance dose.This is going on for last 3 years.I was also prescribed cetrizine tabs which i take regularly even now once a day. As a result of this treatment my probs are 95 % over unless I get exposed to severe dust/smoke. My Q : 1. Is Flowmist at this low dosage safe to continue?I heard this is a steroid and should not be taken for long intervals 2. is cetrizine safe? 3. Should I stop this treatment now that I am much better. Thanks in advance for your revert doctor. Regards
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012