Suffering from acne. Took treatment and developed melasma. Using SPF 45. Is melasma caused by iron deficiency?

hi Doc. My height is 5 feet 2 inches & weight is 49kgs. i ve been suffering from acne from last 9 years. got treatment several times. Even nw i m getting treatment from my GP. due to this i ve developed melasma . I ve been using SPF 45 whenever i go out. But even then it is spreading even more. My ferritin level is also very low. i ve started getting the injections nw. I actually want to know that can melasma be caused by iron deficiency as well??
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012