Suffering from acid reflex, take prilosec. Bad after having prevacid, effected throat. Is the other medicine taking time to react?

Yes, I have a problem with acid reflux . I normally take Prilosec , over the counter, but had a coupon for Prevacid so I bought that and now I have been taking it for 5 days and I have acid reflux so bad that it is really bothering my throat . Throat is kind of hurting not burning. Are these 2 medicines so different that I would have to get this in my system for it to start working??? I even took 2 in one day trying to jump start it. Or do you think it is something else bothering me?? I am very uncomfortable and am getting concerned!!!!!! Thank You!!
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012