Suffering from acanthosis nigricans. Have been taking pills to regulate periods. Avoided taking pills still there is no improvement. Remedy?

My daughter has acanthosis nigricans. The Dr. Doesn't know if it was due to being on birth control pill or because she has insulin resistance. She is 11 yr. old and not over weight and otherwise very healthy. She was on the pill for 1 yr. to regulate her periods. Since we thought she had dirt on her we are not sure how of if it started before or after she started on the pill. She stopped the pill in Jan. can not tell a lot of improvement in the acanthosis nigricans. Would like a 2nd opinion. We go back to Dr. Next month.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013