Suffering from abnormal liver function, metabolic syndrome. Does this indicate liver failure?

I had an abnormal liver function last year and was was seeing a gastroenterologist . I ve been discharged early this year in February and every 3 months I m having blood test and was due again in September. My question is I m going on holiday next week Wednesday and I m trying to get a travel insurance and they were asking me what kind of disease do I have. I ve phoned my GP and was told to tell the travel insurance agent to say I had abnormal liver function or metabolic syndrome but she s insisting if I have liver failure or liver damage. I m not really sure what to say, would you be able to help me? Many thanks
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012