Suffering from UTI. On antibiotics, cranberry tablets. Having recurrent fever, shivering, frequent urination. Permanent solution?

My grandmother (76 years old) in India is suffering from chronic Urinary Tract Infection for last 10 years. The number of puss cells was 25-30 earlier. However, now it has gone up to 50-60. She has been on antibiotics and has taken Bactrim DS (1/2 tablet daily) for last 3 months. However, that has not helped at all. Recently she has started taking cranberry tablets. At present she is taking Orflox-400 once a day. She repeatedly has been having fever, shivering and frequent urination whenever there is an increase in puss cells. She is bed-ridden and can only walk a few steps. Also she is asthmatic. Kindly suggest some remedy that can help her better for the future.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013