Suffering from Toothache, given penicillin, developed bad sinus infection. Face feel numb and headache. Is this normal?

Hello. Went to the hospital Sunday for toothache pain.Was prescribed penicillin , took them and hours later (what I thought was sinus) drainage happened. Went back to the er and they told me it was bad sinus infection and to keep taking the penicillin. It s been 3 days now and I have bad head pain, nose pain and drainage which looks and smells alot like blood ... The entire right side of my face is numb. Im nauseated. Is this ok? I have never had a sinus infection before and don t know if any of this is normal. All I can do is sit and cry...
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013