Suffering from Tinnitus, tried all remedies not cured. Added a hissing sound. Recommendation?

My mother has suffered from what doctors referred to as Tentinitus thus she has tried those remedies without much success. Over the last year it has gotten worse and now has added a hissing sound. She can't sleep, she can not hear well and it has definitely changed her personality not to mention our whole family is broken hearted to see her in this discomfit. Please any recommendations?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Please visit an audiologist and get a pure tone audiometry done. Please get a CT scan brain done with special reference to CP angle and 7-8th nerve complex. If normal, get her a hearing aid with frequency matching for tinnitus. Regards