Suffering from TMJ. Having head ache, neck pain. Can TMJ cause neck pain?

I have a TMJ on my left side. A few days ago, after dinner, I thought I chewed too much and felt my TMJ to start hurting. But I felt a surge of headache started too. I took a warm shower after but didn t help. The back of my neck was so stiff and I had throbbing pain on the left side of the back of my neck. I can move my neck sideways but not forward. Carrying my neck, getting up, really hurt so bad, so I stayed mostly laying down. My neck pain lasted for almost 2 days. Now, I get a headache everyday after eating lunch or dinner and feels like my head is so heavy and my neck so stiff. Can TMJ cause throbbing pain on the back of the neck?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012