Suffering from Reoccurring nightmares, feel unstable after that. Cause?

I have been having some disturbing recurring nightmares . The most disturbing part is what happens afterwards and it is not part of the dream. When I wake up and get out of bed immediately afterward, I m very unstable for a few minutes. This evening when it happened, I fell down and was unable to walk for a minute. It was as though I had been drinking but I had not been. Is something going on with my body that is somehow connected to these dreams?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013