Suffering from Persistent cervical lymphadenopathy. Have sore throat, cough, tongue ulcers and buccal mucosa. Had unprotected sex. HIV test negative. What should I do?

Hi, I have persistent cervical lymphadenopathy with a sore throat and a minor non-productive cough. I get frequent apthous ulcers on my tongue and buccal mucosa (I quit smoking 1 year ago and have read that quitting smoking causes apthous ulcers), and I have large flaky dandruff if I scratch my scalp in certain areas. I had a protected vaginal but unprotected oral sex with a woman in Jan 2005 in Africa. I took an oral HIV test in the USA in April/May 2005 and it was Negative. I have read that the oral test detects antibodies to HIV 1 but not to HIV 2, which is more prevalent in Africa. The signs and symptoms im having now are making me very very scared. I went to medical school overseas but do not practice in the USA. Please guide me on what I should do? I have an apointment with an Internist on July 18th.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012