Suffering from PCOs and experiencing pregnancy symptom, HPT negative. What is hook effect?

I have PCOS . I have been experience pregnancy symptoms for about 2 months now. All HPTs come back neg. I had a blood test about 4 weeks ago and that came back neg too. I just recently was told about the hook effect. I was just wondering what s the likelihood of it effecting someone with PCOS. I have an appointment to see my doctor at the end of this month. But was wondering if you could elaborate more about the hook effect.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013