Suffering from PCOS and irregular periods. Modus pill and glycomet taken. How to conceive soon?

i am suffering from pcos , and irregular periods .my gynaec said that u take the pill (modus 10 mg) for inducing period and there will not be any side effects and when i asked my doctor how could i confirm tat i am pregnant while taking this pill. my gynaec answered that u take this pill, if taking the pill the periods dint come means u r pregnant she said. i am confused please give me a clear solution. i am taking this pill from and before marraige . also i am recommended to take glycomet 500 mg for 3 months and i finished the course. now i am getting natural periods with out taking modus 10 mg and my period duration is between 38 to 40 days. is this a good sign. pls advice me and wanted to conceive soon.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012