Suffering from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma on terminal illeum, operated. How PET scan will help?

My mother 54 yrs of age,is suffering from Non- Hodgkins Lymphoma on terminal illeum and operation done on exploratory laparotomy with resection of terminal illeial mass with mesenteric lymph node on 20.10.11 at AMRI Hospital Kolkata by Dr.Subhankar Deb,Onco- Surgeon ,Kolkata and further received 06 cycle of Chemotherapy (Inj Graniset 6mg + Inj Vincristine 02 mg + Inj. Adrim 70 mg + Inj. Endoxan 900 mg),first Chemo done 28.11.11 & 6th done 13.03.12 in Kolkata. Now doctor advised for PET Scan for whole body. Would you please advise me is this treatment is justified for such a NHL patient like my mother and also informing you that presently my mother is suffering from acute teeth ache regularly. Kindly advice me ,I am tensed and feeling helpless because I am only single son of my parent. Already 3.5 lakh spent during this course of treatment. How much hope is there in this type of treatment of NHL. Kindly answer me Doctor. Rajeeb Mukherjee,Kolkata,W.B. email:- YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012