Suffering from IBS. Changed medicines for period pains. IBS caused due to change in medication?

Hi, I have IBS-D and have had it for 10 months now. I follow a FODMAPS diet which does help but does not completely get rid of the symptoms of urgency or diarrhoea. During my period my IBS is worse. I noticed a change in my bowels after my GP changed my medication I was on. I took Ginet to control my period pain and he put me on Norimin due to the risk of DVTs from Ginet due to my weight. Can a change in medication cause IBS? Also, if I switch to the Depo-provera would I see a positive change in my IBS? Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012