Suffering from Hypertensive and loss of ability to remember. MRI shows chronic micro vascular changes. Is it due to aging?

My wife had an mri because we suspected she d had a tia. The report from the mri said she had chronic microvascular changes. No mention of ischemic in the report as told to us in the ER. My wife s presenting problem was that she lost the ability to remember names for many common items and locations for a period of about 30-45 minutes, then regained the ability completely. My wife is also hypertensive. How concerned should we be about the chronic microvascular changes, or is this a function of aging?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013