Suffering from Graves disease, on medicines. Have Streptococcus in urine, pain in right abdomen. Due to infection or Side effects of drug?

I have Graves disease and is taking a beta blocker as well as methimazole 10 mg twice a day. My urine test results came back with Viridans Streptococcus 50,000 - 100,000. I am having pain in my lower right side and is scheduled for an ultra sound . However, I was told by my Endocro dr. to report any infections I get as it may be related to the methimazole. Is this an infection and it is because of the drugs or is this something new? I have never been sick until after being diagnosed with hyperactive thyroid .
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012