Suffering from GERD. Taking light treatment, condition improved and worsened. Recommendations?

I'm having a GERD attack. I have a sour taste on my tongue and some burning in my throat. I took Dexilant this morning but it doesn't seem to help. I also got some side effects from the medication. I was on Nexium which was helping a little butnot much what should I do? I had gerd for five weeks, it was improving but now it's getting worse again. the top part of my chest feels sore. please advise for relief
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013