Suffering from AML, having blood transfusions. Having itchy skin with redness. Tried antihistamine tabs, epiderm, betnovate, prednisolone. Cause and cure?

My father has AML and is being treated with blood transfusions. He is now experiencing very itchy skin, which becomes red with red spots, all over his torso. We have just seen his heamotologist who suggests he sees a dermatologist . we have tried anti histamine tabs, epiderm and betnovat, and are currently on prednisolone ,20mg. we have tried cutting down from 4 tablets to 3 tablets and then 2 tablets but it reapeared, so we are now back on 4x 5mg tabs, which did not actually completely get rid of it befor but settled it. When I rub cream on the rash it seems to disappear whilst i am rubbing in!Dad is finding it very difficult to sleep with the itching. We have an appointment for the 24th May but could do with any help now. I have taken photo s.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012