Suffering from ADD, on Adderall, cannot manage clutter. Suggestions?

Hello. I have been dating a man approx. 11 years and he is ADD, on Adderall interchangable with Vivanse (mispelled?). He tells me he can get his clutter under control when there is normal stress , but he gets so stressed at times that his clutter piles up and his house doesn t get cleaned. Obviously I don t live with him but we are good friends. He said if he knows (acknowledges to himself) that it (clutter issue) will never get better that he will lose hope. What advise can you give on this, as we are very close yet I don t think I could marry the man. It is not my style to have clutter everywhere and when I cleaned for him before a few times, it went right back to the way it was, if not worse. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012