Suffering fro abdominal pain and vomiting. Suspected with gastrointestinal TB. Test? Precautions?

My wife is complaining abdomen pain on a reguler interval of 3-4 months since last two years. Whenever such pain occurs she also starts vomiting. She has persistent vomitting and not able to take anything orally. The condition becomes critical and we have to always get her admitted. She was given gas and pain killers always to get the pain reduced. Since this was happening on reguler basis we had got the proper examinatoin done on the recommendation of doctors and Doctors are suspecting it to be a case of gastrointestinal TB since there is slight fluid been seen at the time of pain around her small intestine.
My questoin is :-
1. What all test can be done to identify the disease. Biapsy is what is been suggested by our doctor.
2. How common is this disease and how long will it take to be cured.
3. What precaution in terms of food, physical activity and other daily routine task must be taken.
4. Any other recommendation.

Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013