Suffering form tooth pain. No relief with pain killer. Tooth filled and checked before. Cause of pain?

hi my name is sundus and i have been having a tooth pain this evening my ear is also starting to hurt . i just took a pain killer but i dont feel any difference yet. the tooth that is aching has already been filled and checked quite a lot of times last year and am new to this country i dont want this tooth to be taken out or anything that will be painful. am 15 years old this year and i weigh 50-55 and my height is 190-96. plz give me some advice as soon as possible. i havenot eaten anything since this morning and nows its like 7pm
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
there msy be infection in root of toothg
you take combination of oflox ornidazole
take combination of diclofenic and seropeptidase
listerine mouth washes
and local application of analgesic anaesthetic gel
do for 5 days
Dentist Dr. Amit Sharma's  Response
hello, causes of pain in previously filled/restored tooth mainly includes- 1. high points in restoration/ overfilled tooth leading apical periodontitis.. ,2. pain in pulp/soft tissue of tooth as restoration is placed closed to the pulp, and the chemical irritants has leached out to inflammed pulpal tissue,3. inflammation of pulp itself due to pathogens in tubules..
treatment involves in first case occlusal reduction.. and in both second and third case Root Canal Therapy of your pain is severe.. An endodontist will be the best person to perform the procedure..
RCT will ease out your pain completely and your tooth can be saved..
proper clinical examination supported by radiographs (iopa) will diagnose the case.
you can also consult a dentist and get antibiotic and analgesic course for few days and get your treatment postponed untill you reach your home country and get treated from your trusted home dentist.. meanwhile avoid any food lodgement in the region by proper flossing and use of antiseptic mouthwashes..
take care..
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
hi Sundus,
i read you problem,it seems that infection has been spread to the roots of that tooth. because of filling pressure developed in that tooth,because of that you are feeling i will suggest you please go to an endodontics and go for the complete examination done including x-rays.because endodontics are concern with the infection in root canals and please follow all the given instructions.nothing to get worried.take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Dentist Dr. Latif's  Response
dear , there is a chance of post filling recurrent caries or exposure , so you will need to go for a RCT ,, there is few option than extraction of tooth. you can easily save ur this tooth. regards.