Suffering diabetes. Taking Summet, diabetes under control. Can he take glycomet?

Hello sir, I am Anil Gupta from India, my father is suffering from Diabetics since 2001. he is taking Summet-1000mg or Estimate 1000mg tablet for controlling of their blood sugar from last 1 year and now blood sugar level is under controlled condition. but at now medical store keeper gave glycomet 1000mg tablet in place of summet 1gm tab and rest of all tab are same. thus, i am requesting u, plzz tell me, is both medicine are same or not.........also tell me about side effect of Glycomet 1gm. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012