Suffering bad headaches. Caught chlorine smell. Is it a migraine pain?

My Son has been suffering bad headaches since an injury during football. Tonight my Son told me he had a headache after we had went out to eat. On the way home, I suddenly caught a strong chlorine smell. I looked to find my Son holding his head in pain and in tears because he got a sudden intense migraine . When I told him of the chlorine smell, he told me that he has been smelling that when he got his headaches. Can you tell me what may be causing this and how could it be so strong I could smell it?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012