Suffered withdrawal effects of zopliclone, worsened symptoms on taking melatonin. Cause?

I have been taking zopliclone for several years and did a self prescribed taper with just the zopliclone. I have missed two months of work. Withdrawl symptoms were awful.... I work midnights. I have been off zopliclone for several months with side effects subsiding to where I can function. I recently took melatonin and my side effects seem to have gotten worse again. Is it a result of the melatonin when my system is still crashing?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013