Suffered with chronic constipation problems, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism. Sudden increase in weight. Possible cause?

Hi. I have had chronic constipation problems since I was a child. At one time, a doctor suggested me eating 10-15 prunes a day and that still didn t get things moving. I ve had high cholesterol since high school (currently 379 while on medication ). I had hypothyroidism during pregnancy and continued the medicine for about 6 months post partum. In the last 2 months, I have gained 15+ pounds, without any changes in diet/exercise. Should I be concerned with a thryoid problem? Or is there some other possible cause? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013