Suffered with back spasm, difficulty in balance, using hands, have dehydration due to stomach bug, nausea, dizziness. What should be done?

My mother aged 76yrs suffered a back spasm 3 weeks ago. For years she has had difficulty with her balance and has used a walking aid for 4 years but since this episode she now has difficulty using her hands to do anything both due to weakness and fear of falling if she lets go of the walking aid. In addition she appeared to have a stomach bug which caused dehydration but is eating small amounts now. She is also experiencing nausea and dizziness . She has very poor hearing and has worn hearing aids for 35yrs. I am concerned that her recovery is slow and that she has almost no mobility but her gp does not seem to understand how poorly she is as she talks to him only on the phone and he has not seen her in 2 weeks. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012