Suffered tibia, ankle fracture. Internal fixator used. Diagnosed with severe CRPS. Going for spinal cord stimulation procedure

Hi and thank you in advance- In Sept I suffered fibia, tibia and ankle fractures an internal fixator was used to stabilize the fracture. The bone is healing although not as quickly as one had hope. I was diagnosed with a severe form of CRPS in Feb and have undergone various procedures. The swelling to my leg and ankle is severe, and whats looks like bruising/discolouration. I live with a burning sensation 24/7- I am unable to touch the area. I take 180 mg Morphine- Oramorph-Amitrptiline yet still I feel pain. I am concerned that maybe I am reacting to the plates inserted-in particular to the srews in my ankle as it feels like they are rubbing the inside of my ankle. I am unable to walk without crutches. My Consultant has told me to grin and bear it. I have asked about plate removal however it cannot be removed for at least another 12-18 months. I am due to have a cathether procedure in my leg and then spinal cord stimulation. I have also started to have swelling,pain and stiffness in both hands-pins and needles almost like an elastic band going of in my hands. I can no longer grip a pen. I am 37 - Can you help me please?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012