Suffered stroke. Left side paralyzed. Put on ventilator. Unconscious. Chances of recovery?

My grandfather suffered a stroke last Sunday because of which he fell down and had a fracture on the left phenom.
He was fine for the next 24 hrs and then his left side had paralysis effect. On the third day after the stroke he was unable to breathe and put on ventilator. He is on ventilator for the past 5 days. The ventillator was put at 27 and since yesterday it was reduced to 18. But he is unconscious since then. What are his chances of recovery. He is 85 yrs old.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013