Suffered serious stroke, bleeding in brain. Infection in brain fluid. Not responding to commands. Recovery chances?

please help, my 50year old father has a swrious stroke and bad bleed on the brain, the bleed is on the left side of the brain in the thalmus. its been 6 weeks now, has has been out of icu for a week now, we have had bad set backs with an infection in the brain fluid but he is being treated for this, all i am doing is researching everyday, im going out of my mind tryin to learn everything i can about the brain. my dad is opening his eyes but not responding to any commands, my dad is my life and i cannot explain how i am feeling, point blank i want answers but im not getting them, i want to no, if he wakes how will he be will he be a cabbage or will my dad come back to me, it sounds wrong but i would rather him pass than live like that because i no he would not want that pls help, please give some answers, thank u
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012