Suffered narcolepsy with cataplexy. On aderall. Still have sleep apnea. Why?

Hi, I am 69 years old and have had Narcolepsy/with Cataplexy for 35 years. I have always been under a Doctors care and very careful not to abuse or take any other medications with the generec Adderall XR. I have not increased my dosage. I understand the reason for a new prescription each month, however, should I see a Dr. each month. I m on Medicare and have never had to do this before. I had a Dr. appointment every 6 months to review my Narcolepsy. I have never had a problem other that most Sleep Abnea Drs. don t unerstand Narcolepsy. Thanks Pat
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013