Suffered from hemolysis previously. Eating everything except Fava beans. Continue?

I am 70 years old. About 10 to 15 years ago,I suffered hemolysis . I went 2 days later to the hospital( emergency section) because I got dizzy when I came off my bed and couldn t make it to the toilet. The doctors found out the next day that I have a G6pd deficiency and told me that if I had delayed 1 day my arrival to the hospital, it would have been too late. The day I had the hemolysis, I had eaten in the morning just a few fave beans. I told the doctor that I never had hemolysis before. I have been eating fave beans in big quantities all my life and never had a problem, so why now I have? He answered that things like that can happen any time or not happen at all. So don t ever eat fave beans again.....and a series of medicines .... From that day on I never had any problem. I ve been eating every thing what so ever exept fave beans. Now that I google through the Internet, I became afraid to eat anything and confused from the contradictions I notice about what to eat or what to avoid eating. P I will appreciate your advice. I am lost and don t know what to eat anymore. My wife tells me that for the last 10 - 15 years I ve been eating every thing except fave beans and nothing happened, so continue the same thing. Thank you in advance Tony.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013