Suffered from constipation. Tried gluten free bread. Having regular bowel movements. Suggestions?

Hi, i m 34 and suffered from constipation (5-8 days without going!) for about 15 years. I drunk a lot, ate 5-10 pieces of fresh fruit/veg per day, exercised regularly. I used to go to doctors and try all sorts of drugs... All new methods worked for just a few days. One day i tried gluten free bread and i became regular from the next day (daily bowel movements!). It has been more than 2 years now that i havn t suffered from constipation. I went to see my GP who was really surprised. He tested me for celiac diasese (the test came out negative). I ve tried to go back to normal bread a number of times (gluten free is about 3 x more expensive) but each time the constipation returned. At the moment i dont eat any wheat/gluten at all which possibly stops me from getting important nutritions and vitamins(?)... I m quite confused because i know that i have a medical condition (definitely not celiac disease ) but no one knows what it is.... Can you help?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013